05 June 2006

Booking Alert! (Third Edition)

I thought you should know: twice I have been told by a friend who called the Hotel Lemos that the people there were quick to make promises to book rooms at Lemos.. then added "we also have another hotel, Lito (Λητω), come along and we will definately find you a place to stay".

This pissed me off, frankly, because Lito is an absolute doghouse - nowhere near the beach, ancient, cramped and scruffy, where seasonal labourers rent rooms by the month. Don't go anywhere near it! I liked Lemos just fine, and the lady that I spoke to there was very gracious, but this kind of tricky dealing is unsavoury. I myself would not book with them unless I got a written confirmation of the booking at Lemos hotel, and nowhere else.. which I cannot see how he can guarantee, seeing as they block-rent all their rooms out to a travel agency, which then only a week before notifies them if they will have any vacancies.

Anyway, on a finer note, the luxury Doryssa Hotel 5* (where the wedding chapel and party are) has good availability around the end of June. It's 30 minutes drive from Kokkari, and honestly folks it's a plush place! Book there through Mrs Sofia at Rhenia Tours (22730-92367) who can get you much better prices than the hotel offers directly (ie E70 instead of E100 for the best doubles).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

22:17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home