13 May 2006

Peace of Mind: Priceless

Suit: $300. Peace of Mind: Priceless.

The other day M was going on about not previewing the suit I had chosen. What if you look like a troll, darling, she whinged lovingly and trustingly. True, only my best man George had seen it in full, and he made a helluva gag describing it to Marina: "very nice, only maybe the purple lapels and the turned-up sleeves should be a bit different..".

Anyway, M (whose dress by Costarellos I have not seen, as per tradition) could not be assuaged with words, so I gave in and put it on for her, in the presence of George and Vic, Costarellos and his badass seamstress. Now imagine walking in a roomfull of sharp mirrors and sharper gazes... Anyway, as I had no doubt they would, everyone including Costarellos liked the suit (the seamstress did not sneer too harshly, which was judged to be a favourable omen).

I have now earned some peace of mind. Priceless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

22:17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home